21.8.12

Sketchy times ahead

here are some sketches and thumbnails for the new series I'm working on.. 
also, something is weird with my scanner, so please excuse the quality...

 Working out an idea...still not sure which to do..

 I have a box of lovely weathered twigs that my mother collected in Mendocino from pruning our apple trees. They smell so good, like fog and sleepy and cold water and iron. There will be lots of sticks and stones in this series.

 A little compilation of a few ideas - some of these will be paintings, some freestanding sculptures, and some wall-mounted pieces.

I have recently discovered Maned Wolves, which are super weird, tall, ancient wolf-like creatures. They are a very unique South American animal, that is not really a wolf, fox, or coyote, but a whole other genus of canids that probably evolved directly from carnivores native to South America in the Pleistocene era. So, I drew some. And probably will sculpt them, which will be fun. I might change their coloring a little, though, so it doesn't just look like I screwed up and made an awkwardly tall red fox.

And now, back to the drawing table. 
<<> <> <>>

No comments: