5.11.11

La Luz de Jesus 25th Anniversary show opening!


Hello! No big plans tonight? go check out La Luz de Jesus's 25th Anniversary Show! I went last night, its a great show! Here's a shot of my contribution, "Lunacy", hanging next to the great Shawn Barber's portrait of Billy Shire, how exciting!


Also, my piece is part of the book they created for the show (which is why I made this piece almost a year ago and it is only showing now!), here is the blurb:

"The book, La Luz de Jesus 25: The Little Gallery That Could, features images of all the art in the show, a personal anecdote about Shire and the gallery written by each artist, essays by La Luz gallery directors and a foreword by Shire. The book is much more than a simple record of this remarkable exhibition. Together, the images and essays present a history of La Luz de Jesus through the eyes of the artists whose careers are intertwined with Shire and his gallery. "


The show will be up November 4th- 27th, the opening reception is Nov.4th and 5th, 8-11 pm!

ps my piece is still up for sale! it lights up! the moon changes phases! buy it?

 

1 comment:

KrossD said...

"Lunacy" is beautiful. Hmmm, I might make that my motto.

Hey folks, go see the show. The book is great, but a piece like Jessica's needs to be seen in person. A photograph can't do it justice.